A mental illness or emotional disorder, no matter how minor or severe it is, requires immediate medical attention. It is not something to take for granted as this can become serious if not treated right away. There are hospitals or clinical institution that psychiatrist therapy and treatment or, you can also go to a private practitioner.
The question is how can you find the best private practitioner?
- Initially, it advised to go to a general practitioner or your doctor first prior to consulting a private psychiatrist because you might be more comfortable to talk about your illness with them rather than going directly to a mental health practitioner.
- While talking to your practitioner, you can ask referrals or suggest which practitioner you would like to have. Would you like to have a female or male practitioner? This is important because in order to receive proper treatment or therapy, you need to talk about everything comfortably.
- Do not rush and take your time to know which mental health practitioner you would like to have. As much as possible, you want to have someone who will listen t you. Ask for recommendation from your general practitioner or doctor, or even family and/or friends.
- If you find any potential mental health practitioner, do a research about his background and client’s feedback about his service. His feedback from past and current clients plus from the people he has previously worked with can serve as your basis whether you will consider that person or not.
- Schedule an appointment as assess whether you’re comfortable talking to the doctor or not. Make sure he is very attentive to your concerns and needs. Mental health issues are serious, even if it has just started, that’s why as much as possible, you can find someone who can really help you deal with this problem.